IODS Policy Statement 2023
Policies and Welfare
IODS Theatre Company (IODS) is committed to the highest standards of care, supervision and behaviour throughout the society. IODS have developed the following policies to ensure the welfare and enjoyment of everyone involved in the society. Members are encouraged to familiarise themselves with these policies and to immediately raise any concerns with any member of the committee.
Code of Conduct
IODS are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. IODS believes that it is important that members, administrators and volunteers associated with the society should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Therefore, everyone is encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the society with any Committee member.
As a member of IODS you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct:
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for rehearsals, auditions and performances or inform their organiser if they are going to be late.
- Members must pay any fees for membership and shows promptly.
- Members must be professional at all times and uphold the image and high regard of the Society
Photography, Filming and Social Media Broadcast Guidelines
Members will not be prevented from taking pictures of, or filming other members during rehearsals, auditions or shows subject to any license restrictions. Similarly, IODS is keen to record the achievements of its members and the society so from time to time it will use images of our events on our website and other media, subject to the policy below:-
- Photographs/images are not to be taken at rehearsals, auditions or shows without the prior permission of the Committee. This permission can be given by proxy by the lead director/producer in attendance.
- Anyone attending who does not wish to be photographed can opt to sit out.
- Concerns regarding inappropriate, or intrusive, photography should be reported to the Committee.
About this Policy
IODS Theatre Company take the protection of the data we hold about you as a member seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect and how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are.
DATA CONTROLLER: IODS Theatre Company
This notice is for members of IODS Theatre Company and has been prepared by the officers of the society.
Why we are providing this notice to you
As the officers of the society we hold certain information about you (“personal data”). We are required by law to give you specified information about the personal data we hold about you, how we use it, and the safeguards that are in place to protect it. This notice is designed to give you that information.
Why we hold your personal data
Certain personal data is required for the officers of the society to effectively administer the society, including its ability to contact you for rehearsal, auditions, performances and information purposes.
The society will process the personal data for:
- Administering events and attendance at these events which includes rehearsals, auditions and performances
- Dealing with medical needs/specific requirements
- Reporting of participation at events
- For quality and improvement monitoring
What personal data we hold and how we obtain it
The personal data we hold is limited to:
- Name and address
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- Membership Status
- Membership Payment details but no payment information
- Membership Preferences
We obtain this personal data directly from: -
- The members registering to join the society.
- Historic membership data already held by us
- Committee members and administrators
How we will use your personal data
We may use this data to deal with all matters relating to the administration of the society. This can include:
- To contact you regarding society matters
- To allow directors/producers/choreographers to effectively perform their role
- To comply with any safe-guarding requirements
If you do not wish to receive emails, please let us know and we will remove you from our contacts list.
Organisations that we may share your personal data with
We may add your basic contact details to our society membership website hosted and owned by a third-party supplier for the purposes of allowing us to send out emails to all members and record membership status.
We may also disclose the data to: -
- Directors/producers and choreographers for administrating any rehearsals and auditions
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- For administration and programme delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
- For dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent for.
Location of your personal data
The Society will keep your personal data within the European Economic Area.
How long we will keep your personal data for
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are registered with IODS Theatre Company as a member. 1 year after you cease to be a member of the Society or play an active part in IODS Theatre Company, we shall delete your data.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right of access and obtain a copy of the personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
You have the right to ask the officers to remove any or all your personal data - however this will have implications for your participating membership of the society. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the officers of the society.
If you wish your contact details to be removed from our systems, including our third-party membership website, please contact the membership secretary at: -
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the named person at the society. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at: www.ico.org.uk
We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data.
These policies are fully supported by IODS Theatre Company’s officers and committee who are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
amendments. No amendments will be made retrospectively.